An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Installation Engineer within the ASSA ABLOY Security Doors business unit reporting to the Installation and Repairs Manager.
Primary objective of this position: To work as part of a team to carry out all activities required for the successful installation of steel and/or timber doors in a safe working manner
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- To attend sites on which ASSA ABLOY are operating and complete works as directed by the Installations and Repairs Manager, in respect of good timekeeping, productivity expectations and safe workmanship
- To form part of a team of experienced engineers installing steel and/or timber door products.
- To undertake site specific inductions or ASSA ABLOY required training where necessary
- To complete all tasks from point of delivery to final installed product handover on site
- To work in a manner that does not present risk of injury to yourself or any other person whilst completing each required task
- To identify and implement methods of work that remove the need for manual handling
- To provide high quality workmanship and attention to detail to ensure products are handed over to an exceptional standard
- To identify and report near misses to ensure continued safe operations on site.
- Safekeeping and proper use of tools and equipment provided
- Availability to cover, when required, out of hours call outs for product repair
The ideal candidate will be:
- Minimum of 3 years relevant industry experience in industrial and commercial door products.
- Available and willing to travel and work away from home on a regular basis.
- Have a clean driving license.
- Be familiar with steel and timber hinged doors, roller shutter doors, sectional overhead doors and other related products
- Supervisor CSCS card
- SSSTS scheme
- IPAF / PSMA card
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team but have initiative to work independently
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Trust worthy
- Willing to see jobs through to completion
- Customer focused