Chubb Locks Custodial Services /global/scaled/852x433x90x0x760x-1/Local-UK-HSS Group-history chubb.jpg Over 200 Years of Lock Design and Manufacture In 1818 Charles and Jeremiah Chubb patented their famous Detector lock, which could not be opened by any but its own key. Charles Chubb opened a factory in Wolverhampton and concentrated on the manufacture and sale of Chubb locks whilst continuing to develop new products. Throughout the 1800s 'Chubb' became a household name, being renowned for its high security solutions, gaining customers such as the Duke of Wellington and the Bank of England. In 1898 Chubb began production of its locks in the 'Chubb Locks Works' building, Railway Street, Wolverhampton. The building still stands proud today as one of Wolverhampton's land marks. After the Second World War, Chubb expanded its operations from being a single company manufacturing specialised security products with two overseas subsidiaries, into a broad based group of companies covering many aspects of security work world wide. In 2001 CLCS became part of the worldwide ASSA ABLOY group of companies – the largest lock company in the world, representing over a billion locks in place worldwide. CLCS operates from its £4 million state-of-the-art, custom build premises where it continues to lead the way in the design and manufacture of high security locking solutions for secure establishments worldwide.